Welcome to the children and young people section of the Barking and Dagenham Safeguarding Children Board website.
As a child or young person, you have a right to be safe in all environments, for example, at home, school, on the street and even on the internet.
It is the role of Parents; Carers; Teachers; Learning mentors; Doctors; Nurses; Social Workers; Police Officers; Faith leaders, Youth Workers and Sports Coaches to ensure that you are safe from harm.
If you’ve got a problem or are worried about someone, such as a brother or sister, or a friend, it can be hard to know what to do. But you don’t have to cope on your own. As a child or young person, you have the right to grow up safe from people hurting you or failing to ensure that you are cared for. All adults have a responsibility to protect you.
If someone at home or someone who you know is hurting or abusing you, tell someone you trust. You can phone and ask to speak to a member of the Safeguarding team, or a social worker.
We are all here to help protect you and keep you safe from harm.
Further education and careers
Health and safeguarding advice
- Disrespect Nobody – Campaign and Resources
- Sexual Health Advice
- Female Genital Mutilation factsheet
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Helpline 0800 028 3550 and email contact: email@example.com
- Information and Advice on Relationship Abuse
- Talk to Frank – Alcohol & Substance misuse
- Self Harm Advice and Information:
- Fight against Porn Zombies – NSPCC campaign on Online Porn
- Say Something if you see something – CSE Helpline
call or Text 11600
- Missing Children
- Think u know – CEOPs online guidance and assistance to being safe
Youth groups and their websites
- BAD Youth Forum
- Careweb – Children in Care Website
- Youth Centres
- Link up Mentoring Scheme – Aged 14-19
Update: November 2017