SCR Child C
Message from Ian Winter CBE, Safeguarding Children Board Chair:
“This report was commissioned, and is now published, in accordance with Working Together 2015.
However it is much more than that. The events of Child C’s death are tragic and distressing. The particular circumstances have inevitably touched many people and the publication of this report may well remind them of the awful events.
The only fitting tribute to Child C can be the determination of all staff and managers who face difficult dilemmas, complex choices and sometimes hostile challenges to learn and develop from such a tragedy. This is our commitment. Staff at the top of the organisations concerned and workers throughout those organisations accept both a duty and responsibility to share in learning and development.
My commitment is to ensure that this is done and where changes can be made then this will happen.
Ian Winter CBE
Serious Case Review
Useful links and previous SCR Reports
- Child B SCR Report (LBBD) – June 2016
- Executive Summary – Baby M (LBBD) – May 2010
- Executive Summary – Child T (LBBD) – Jan 2011
- Child H SCR Report (LBBD) – Sept 2015
- Executive Summary – Child L (Health) – Sept 2012
- Executive Summary – North Somerset
- DfE research – New Learning from SCRs
- Analysis of SCRs across UK in 2013
- Internal Management Review (IMR) Template
- Chronology Guidance Notes
- Chronology Template
- Notification of Serious Incidents – referral form